The high-performance connector in modern timber construction engineering
Wood has been used as a construction material for thousands of years. Today, timber construction is more efficient than ever before. New processing and bonding techniques have significantly expanded its scope of application. Thanks to GSA® Technology, large-span constructions, elegant arches and graceful structures are now easy to build. Different types of wood expand the spectrum and scope of application in architecture.
GSA® Technology has advantages for all stakeholders:
- Builder owners can have individual projects built on a cost-efficient basis thanks to standardised elements.
- Architects can plan graceful and aesthetically appealing frameworks using GSA® Technology, with visual appearances unimpaired by visible connectors.
- Timber engineers can focus on efficient erection. Modern CAD/CNC technology allows for the development of sophisticated, easy-to-install and top-precision plug-in connections.
- Engineers are impressed by the system’s easy and thorough dimensioning. GSA® Technology guarantees the three key criteria of rigidity, load resistance and excellent ductile properties.
- With the connectors protected by the wood cover, GSA® components display optimum fire behaviour.
The following reference projects demonstrate the variety of our company’s work. We look forward to discussing your project idea, no matter how unusual.
Tel.: +41 79 768 80 80
Click on the GSA® males for more details about the GSA® products.